Professional Wrestling might not be as popular as it was in the Attitude Era, but WWE games are still just as fun as ever. There are some things that even the biggest WWE fans don’t know about WWE games. That’s why I’m here. This is… 10 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Games.
WWE Brawl article: http://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-brawl-lost-video-game-story
If you enjoyed this video, check out some of my other videos:
Can Synths Become Ghouls? (Fallout Theory): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkbWtJkxrik
6 Saddest Fallout Stories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eJIe9GEGGo
10 Weirdest References in Fallout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXoJxLSK2Uo
6 Oldest Fallout Characters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRqLRVH2liw
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Fallout, Again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmDgepLf5qo
Fallout - What About Michigan? (Michigan & The Great War): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du96SLYC8ew
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Fallout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEtqXOoSm98
6 Saddest Fallout Creatures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDfS2kqEjhg
10 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Games (in text form)
10. According to tcrf.net, a website dedicated to finding content that was cut or removed from games, WWF No Mercy was not only supposed to have a Game Boy Color port, but it was supposed to have Transfer Pak capabilities as well, which would allow players to transfer created wrestlers from the Game Boy Color version of the game to the Nintendo 64 version.
9. One of the most prominent new features introduced in WWE 2K14 was its “30 Years of Wrestlemania” mode. Rowdy Roddy Piper was a key part of Wrestlemania 1 and 2 where he was involved in matches with Mr T at both events. 2K could not come to an agreement with Mr T, so Piper was not included in the game.
8. If you hack WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain, you can find that The Ultimate Warrior was, at one point, going to be in the game, as he can be seen in the character select screen. Warrior had been legal battles with WWE in the past, and threatened another if he was put in the game, so his character went unused.
7. In the files for Smackdown vs Raw 2006, you can find audio files for announcer introductions for Maven, Kenzo Suzuki, and Mr. America. Fans of SvR 2006 know that they were not in the game in any capacity. Why they were not in the game is a mystery lost to time. Nevertheless, here are a few of the announcer calls for the characters.
6. In June 2013, it was announced that 2K was holding a contest where fans could create alternate covers for WWE 2K14, in which the winner would have their design on the inside of the game’s case, as a reversible cover. Mike Rodriguez and Alexis Zankowitch, the winners of the North American and European contests, respectively, both designed their covers around Daniel Bryan, and had their artwork displayed on the inside of the case.
5. Similar to the Nintendo Selects titles where certain games receive a permanent price drop and slightly altered box art, Playstation re-released games under the Playstation Platinum name. WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It was one of those games.
4. Chyna was one of the few women to compete against men in the WWE. Smackdown 2: Know Your Role only allowed women to compete for the Women’s Championship. Chyna, however, had won the Intercontinental Championship prior to the game’s release. In order to allow her to compete against men in the game, she was placed into a third gender category labeled “???”. Created superstars could also be placed in this category.
3. WWE 12 was one of the last games to include a Road to Wrestlemania mode, a mode that was first introduced in Smackdown vs Raw 2008, four years earlier. One of the three Road to Wrestlemania storylines revolved around a player-created superstar named Jacob Cass. That name might seem insignificant, but the Cass comes from the name of the mode where the character is made, called “Create-A-Superstar”, the initials spell out CAS, or, when turned into a name, becomes Cass.
2. According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Roman Reigns was supposed to be on the cover of WWE 2K16, but he was swapped out for Stone Cold Steve Austin because WWE didn’t think Reigns had the mass appeal as someone like Stone Cold. Vince McMahon personally called the Texas Rattlesnake to ask him if he would be on the cover of the game.
1. In November 2011, THQ released WWE All Stars, a game with ridiculously over-the-top representations of wrestlers and their moves. It was a more arcady game than the Smackdown Vs Raw games that came before it. Their next WWE arcade-styled game was to be WWE Brawl. It was going to be a fighting game that takes place outside of the ring in real-world environments. Unfortunately, production on the game ceased in 2012, and not long after THQ declared bankruptcy.